Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas 2007

The past 2 weeks have just flown by. Ben has been home since the 19th and goes back to work this Wed. We have had so much fun spending time together. I wasn't sure how it was going to work. Normally when Ben is on vacation we are traveling. This has been the longest he's been at home. We've seen lots of movies and eaten way too much. The kids have had a great vacation. All three spent the night at Nana and Papas house Sat and Ben and I celebrated an early New Year out on the town. Sophie starts back to school Wed but Lexie and John William don't go back until next week.
Christmas was great. Sophie and I spent Christmas Eve at Urgent Care. She started running a high fever the night before and the dr. found that she had strep throat. She and I missed the evening church service but she was feeling much better for Christmas morning. My parents came over to give the kids their new pjs. And my dad read us the Night Before Christmas. My dad has been reading The Night Before Christmas to me from the same book since I was born. We've never missed a year. It's my favorite traditon. For my 30th birthday my mom had the book mounted in a frame that I keep hung on my wall all year long. It has pictures of my dad reading it to us through the years. The kids got tons of gifts that have kept them busy all week. I have so many pictures that I need to go through so I'll have to post them later. We had a yummy dinner at my parents and opened gifts with them, my grandmother and Kimie and Brad and their boys. Jack and Sophie are too cute! After some drama with Ben's family, his parents weren't able to come into town, but we'll celebrate with them sometime soon.

1 comment:

Andy and Jen said...

Sounds like a great Christmas, minus the whole strep thing. I sympahtize with you on in-law drama. I got more than my fill of that too. :)