Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When Did I Get Old?

I've been playing on Facebook lately. I've found so many old friends that I haven't talked to in a long time. It's been great catching up with eveyone and seeing their families. 6th grade has been a transition year for Lexie. Boys, lockers, mean girls and peer pressure. We've talked about my time in 6th grade. I had my first boyfriend. We would hold hands, talk on the phone and send notes to each other. He gave me my first Valentine's gift, a box of chocolates. I still have the box in with all my school stuff and those love notes from Ben, that I will one day blackmail him with. I looked the old boyfriend up on Facebook and found him. Looking at his picture today, I realized that it's been 20 years since I saw him. 20 years! When did I get to the point that I could say "well, 20 years ago"? I see myself and Ben through the kids eyes and it makes me feel so old. I feel a girls weekend to VA coming up to remind me that I'm Heather, not just MOM. Robin????????

1 comment:

Teri said...

Hum, Just wait until you get as old as me.LOL