Monday, September 17, 2007

So quiet

Ben just left for work and I drive afternoon carpool this week so the older kids were picked up an hour ago. Sophie is still sleeping and my house is so quiet. This was a very hectic weekend. I had outpatient surgery on Fri and I stayed in bed or on the couch most of the weekend. I got a good look at my house this morning and I'm afraid. Ben and the kids sure had a good time. There are chocolate chips all over the floor of the pantry. Last night for dinner we had steaks and brownies. I went to pack the kids lunches and found a super sized box of candy bars and 4 different kinds of chips. But the cats are out of food and are stalking me. Men are so different! But everyone made it out alive, he even took the older kids to a birthday party yesterday while Sophie and I took a nap. Lexie spent most of the weekend in search of some kittens that we think are loose on our street. She put out food and water and spent a lot of time in our backyard calling for them. She's so much like her mommy. She really has a heart for animals. Ben, of course, spent just as much time telling her that even if she does find them that we're not keeping them. NO MORE ANIMALS! But he said that when we only had one cat. He's just not an animal lover like his girls are. I'm looking forward to being home alone today after Sophie goes to preschool so I can get some laundry done and look for the rest of the suprises left for me:)

No comments: