Sunday, April 20, 2008

ER Visit

We had a busy night last night. Lexie's allergies were bothering her at bedtime so I gave her a Claritin. A few minutes later Sophie comes downstairs and complains that her ear is hurting "in the little hole". Ben gives her some Motrin and takes her upstairs to tuck her back into bed. When he comes back down he brings Lexie with him. She is wheezing and having trouble breathing. I call her doctor to ask if I can give her Benadryl. The nurse listens to Lexie breathing and sends us to the ER. It was scary! Thank goodness for my calm husband. I panic under pressure but he is always calm. I stay home and he takes Lexie in the car. After he gets home, he tells me that he had the hazzard lights blinking and was flying down the road passing people. We were having a really bad thunderstorm and the county next to us was under a tornado watch. When they got to the hospital the nurse took Lexie straight back and gave her a breathing treatment. It helped right away. They did a chest xray and it was clear. The dr thinks it was just an allergy attack. They sent her home with a steroid prescription and an inhaler to use for the next few days. It was the shortest ER visit we've ever had, they were home in an hour and a half. Between Lexie being hyper from the meds and Sophie climbing in bed with us 4 times, Ben and I don't feel like we got much sleep. I'm hoping everyone takes a nap today. John William slept through the whole thing. He never even heard the storm or the chaos. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Andy and Jen said...

Life is certainly never dull with kids is it. I feel like I barely get one ER visit paid off, before we're back again for something else.