Friday, December 5, 2008

Makeup

No matter how crazy it makes Ben, he can't deny that our Lexie is growing up. She's such a sweet girl! I just don't know where the years have gone. I look at Sophie and it seems that Lexie should be the same age. Over Thanksgiving weekend I took Lexie to Clinique to buy her first makeup. When I was her age, my mom did the same with me and it's a memory that I wanted to share with my girls. We headed out alone and went to breakfast. It was nice to have uninterrupted time together to talk. At Clinique the salesgirl was so sweet to Lexie. She taught her all about the products to keep her skin clean. Then she taught her how to apply powder and blush. We also bought a pretty lip gloss. It was so much fun and Lexie felt very cool :). She looks very pretty! Of course, I had to talk Ben down when he found out about it. According to him, she should still be wearing a diaper.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Lexie is a very pretty girl and I agree sweet! I notice her lip gloss when I picked her up one day. Robert is the same way about his girls. Enjoy her! Before you know she will be a young woman like Allyson

Andy and Jen said...

They grow up way too fast!