Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Countdown to school

School starts on Monday and we have been busy getting ready all week. The school supplies are bought and ready to go. The older kids had their physicals yesterday and have grown so much. John William went to the eye doctor for his first checkup and Lexie got her glasses fixed from where Sophie tried to wear them. Haircuts are the last thing on my list. Lexie is going on Sat for her first grown up hair cut at the salon where I get my hair done. JW is going with his daddy later this week. Sophie doesn't start preschool until the 5th so I don't have to worry about getting her ready yet. She is going to be so lonely without her big brother and sister here. She really loves spending time with Lexie. She wants to hold Lexie's hand and play in her room. Lexie has been getting Sophie dressed and she wants only Lexie to take her to the potty. Lexie has such a sweet heart (sometimes :)) and loves her baby sister so much. She is going to miss the time they have had this summer too. It always makes me sad when the kids start back to school because it reminds me how big they are and how fast they are growing. Then again, I'm ready for some quiet time at home. I'm itching to clean out closets and get some yard work done that I just haven't had time to work on this summer. Everytime I walk up the sidewalk to the house and see my messy flower beds, overgrown with weeds, I think about finally having time to work on them. Not too long now.

No comments: