Wednesday, August 29, 2007

This has been such a crazy week. The kids are in school full time. I have been catching a cold and yesterday Sophie and I took a sick day. We stayed in our pjs and watched tv all day except for when we took a nap :) It was nice. Tomorrow we start our Thurs bible study. Our church does a book study during the school year. We follow the school schedule and the classes change after Christmas. It's a lot of fun for everyone. Moms get a couple of hours away from the kids and enjoy talking about grownup things. I'm going to be working in the nursery. Sophie loves to go and play with her cousin Jack and see her Aunt Kimie and her Nana and her great grandmother too. We all go to the same church.
Sophie goes to her preschool open house tomorrow. She is so excited. We've been counting down all summer. Today we went and got her supplies. She has them all packed in her Dora backpack. She's excited about using "safty scissors". I should probably warn her teacher how much she loves scissors. She is going to have so much fun. She is spoiled rotten and so strong willed. It's going to be good for her to be around kids her own age and follow rules. Here at home the older kids baby her and give in when she pitches a fit. She is getting so grown up and lets you know exactly what she wants. This morning she didn't want her hair brushed and she let me know.
Mom-Come here and let me brush your hair
Sophie- No pony tail
Mom- Just a little pony tail to keep the hair out of your face
Sophie- (Screaming)- NOOOOOOO
Mom- Now Sophie or we won't go play with your friends
Sophie-( with her lip stuck out and her arms crossed) I'm angry and I'm tired and I don't want a pony tail, then she sighed
Then of course an hour later the hair band was gone and her hair was sticky and in her mouth.
I don't even want to know what her teenage years are going to be like.

No comments: