Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reece's first birthday

The kids and I spent the weekend in Virginia with my best friend and her family. Her precious baby boy, Reece turned one last week. Last year I was beside Robin and her husband when Reece was born. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! It's the first time that I've been in the room and was not the person having the baby :). I took the kids out of school early Friday and had no problem making the trip by myself. Ben enjoyed being in the house all by himself (the animals were here too :)) I think it was the first time he was alone in our house. Reece's party was fun with lots of little ones crawling around. Sophie just LOVES her Uncle Rob and told us that she was going to marry him when she grows up. She spent a lot of the weekend sitting beside him or asking where he was. We came home Sunday after lunch at my favorite place, Chesapeake Pizza. We always have to grab a slice before we head home. It was scary to realize that I've been eating there for 19 years. That's such a big number. We moved to Va when I was 12 and I'll be 32 on Friday, so it's been almost 20 years. I had such a good time seeing my Robin. She and I have been friends half of my life now. I couldn't ask for a better, more loyal, best friend. She's been there for me thru good and bad, wild and crazy(mostly mine), fat, skinny, sad and overjoyed times. She is truely the sister of my heart! Now that I've made the drive to Va by myself, I'm going to make many more trips. Next time, I might do it without a whiney 3 year old.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

So glad that you had a good time, although i am very upset that you didn't call me while you were here!!! :) i am sure your weekend was super busy, but make sure to call next time you are in!

Andy and Jen said...

Happy almost birthday!! Can you believe we're in our thirties? Thank goodness we still look like we're in our twenties. :)