Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Phone Call from the Teacher

Yesterday John William's teacher called me. It was only the 3rd day of school. She told me that he was talking disrespectfully to her. Great, just what I need. So when he got home we talked about it....

Me-Your teacher called today and said you back talked her

JW-She asked a question and I answered her and she didn't like it

ME- What did she ask?

JW- She asked if we wanted to play a game, I said no. She asked if we wanted to do Math and I said that I hated Math, she asked if we would write down our homework and I told her that I didn't feel like it


So we had a big discussion about how when his teacher asks a question, it doesn't mean that she needs his opinion, she wants him to obey her without answering. What a mess. He has had a bad attitude lately and it's really bugging me. He seems to think that he's grown and gets to decide what he does and when. If it were up to him, he would never sleep or shower or go to school. Hopefully he'll get back into the swing of school quickly so that I don't have to talk to his teacher again.


Lexie is doing great in 6th grade. She seems to have mastered the lockers and changing classes. In 6th grade you don't have recess anymore, you have PE. She takes after me and hates PE. She likes her teachers and is happy to be with her friends again.

2 comments:

Andy and Jen said...

The circle of life - we're sassy kids, then we get sass from our own kids. I wonder if our moms are laughing at us.

heather said...

I know mine is laughing :)